Good shoes are important to one’s well-being, here are some tips to help you find the best fitting footwear.
- Shoes should have a comfortable snug fit but should not feel tight or binding.
- Walk around in the shoe and be sure they feel comfortable. Make sure there are no pressure points from seams
- Always buy shoes that are wider than your foot. Stand next to the shoe you have selected, and check if it is wider than the broadest part of your foot.
- Feet grow as we age. You should measure your feet yearly. Also, shop for shoes at the end of the day when your feet are at their largest.
- Avoid shoes that have heels higher than 2 ¼ inches for everyday wear. You are applying massive amounts of force to the ball of your foot, by lifting the heel above your toes past a safe distance.
- Always have your feet measured before buying a footwear because the size of your feet changes as you grow older
- If you can't wiggle your toes in them, don't buy those shoes
- Wear running socks when buying a new pair of running or exercise shoes
- For those who walk as exercise, shoes should be replaced roughly every 6 months. For normal use, sneakers should be replaced every year. Visit Shoosed portal for more.
— Aug 09, 2016 —